This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), Position Description Number D1623000 and is part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon Air National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
First Area of Consideration: Current permanent Technicians full time support personnel of the Oregon Air National Guard.
Second Area of Consideration: All members of the Oregon Air National Guard.
As a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), GS-0203-7, this position is located within an Air National Guard Military Personnel Flight (MPF), Mission Support Group at an Air National Guard flying wing. The primary purpose is to assist a higher graded specialist in researching/studying/analyzing and administering all aspects of the assigned function(s). Performs duties in one or more program areas as described below. Incumbent identifies the scope or nature of a situation and determines the need for and obtains additional information through research of pertinent records, identifying trends and patterns, and/or review of technical reference material in order to resolve problems or controversies pertaining to human resources matters.
(1) Career Enhancements - Provides technical assistance to all reporting officials. Quality reviews reports for compliance with current directives and standards. Assists in the management of the military awards and decorations program. .
(2) Customer Service - Ensures accuracy of information input in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and the Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS). Participates in development of procedures and establishment of policy for building, updating, auditing, and for accountability and disposition of automated and manual records. Ensures records are accurately maintained and updated.
(3) Employments - Authenticates prior and non-prior service enlistments, and prepares and processes enlistment and appointment documents. Participates in processing activities for accessions.
(4) Relocations - Performs personnel relocation actions pertaining to voluntary and involuntary reassignments, separations, retirements, conditional release programs, separations based upon Medical Evaluation Board/disability separations and retirements, Stop Loss waiver requests, Selective Retention separations, and inter and intra service transfers.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.*
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.