Open & closing dates
09/13/2017 to 09/27/2017
$79,720 to $123,234 per year
Pay scale & grade
GS 12 - 13
Full-Time - This is a Full-Time, Permanent
Permanent - Career/Career-Conditional appointment in the Competitive Service.
Few vacancies in the following locations:
Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. Our efforts have provided inventors exclusive rights over their discoveries. It's an effort that continues to contribute to a strong global economy, to encourage investment in innovation and to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit for the 21st century. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees, including engineers, scientists, attorneys, analysts, IT specialists, etc. all dedicated to accomplishing the USPTO’s mission, vision, strategic goals and guiding principles. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.
This position is located in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Workforce Employment Divisions. The purpose of this position is to provide consultative advice in the areas of recruitment, placement, position classification, and position management in line with the Strategic Human Capital Plan (SHCP) of the USPTO, OHR, and Business Units.
- A probationary period may be required
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will perform the following:
- Provide consultative advice in the areas of recruitment, placement, position classification, and position management in line with the Strategic Human Capital Plan (SHCP) of the USPTO, OHR, and Business Units.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative partnership with hiring managers in assigned business units.
- Participate in and make contributions to management decisions regarding recruitment, placement, position classification and position management.
- Consult with business unit managers regarding recruitment options.
- Prepare recruitment materials, including position descriptions (PDs), job analyses, job questions, job opportunity announcements (JOAs), certificates, etc.
- Determine eligibility and qualifications, and facilitate rating processes.
- Process SF-52s, personnel action requests and all documentation relative to entrance-on-duty (EOD).
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and supervisors regarding reorganizations, functional changes, and personnel changes.
- Participate in special assignments in the classification and staffing areas such as delegated examining audits and/or data cleanup efforts.
- Prepares and presents reports and briefings on assigned organization/unit status and/or recommended actions to appropriate individuals.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from current Federal employees serving on career or career-conditional appointment in the Competitive Service, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, persons eligible under special hiring authorities including Schedule A and VEOA, and CTAP/ICTAP eligible candidates in the local commuting area.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.