DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information, visit www.dfas.mil.
Who may apply:
DoD permanent civilian employees
Position is located in the DFAS-Human Resources Directorate, Indianapolis, IN.
- Serves as a senior-level labor and employee relations specialist responsible for providing labor and employee relations advisory services and support to federal agency supervisors, managers, and executives.
- Serves as a work leader for a team of journeyman and developmental level labor and employee relations specialists.
- Advises managers, supervisors, and developmental/journeyman-level specialists on all aspects of labor and employee relations.
- Prepares grievance decisions, labor-management notifications, and briefs and arguments for third-party litigation (i.e., arbitration, FLRA, and MSPB).
- Represent the agency in local collective bargaining matters, arbitration hearings, and labor-management forums and committees.
- Determine employee grievance, complaint and appeal rights in various situations.
- Serve as an agency investigator or technical advisor in sensitive labor or employee relations matters.
- Serves as an expert witness for the agency on labor and employee relations matters before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), or the courts.
- Trains supervisors and managers on labor and employee relations matters
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%