Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, USCG Finance center, Accounting Systems Division, Chesapeake, VA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
The selectee will provide technical support to a divisional Systems Manager who is responsible for managing/directing a significant segment of the Finance Center's systems and various Department and CG systems.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing assistance in the development, implementation, and refinement of a variety of accounting and non-financial systems.
- Developing and implementing a wide range of improvement initiatives, including (1) conducting initial fact finding, (2) analyzing the nature of the existing problems, (3) interviewing employees, supervisors, and program personnel to define and explore problems.
- Conducting detailed reviews of the financial status of system operations, projects or programs to determine the extent of need for revised system practices or procedures.
- Monitoring system performance to aid in maintaining systems quality and integrity.
- Participating in feasibility studies involving improvements to existing systems.
- Preparing presentations and assisting with training efforts. Internal or external to the Finance Center.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.