Learn more about this agency
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
Salary contains multiple grades/steps. In most cases, the salary is set at the minimum salary for the grade applicant(s) is selected.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 18-CAE-10236300-MS.
As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist, you will serve as the backup and provide technical and analytical assistance involving three or more IT specialty areas to include litigation support, systems administration and management, internet, and database management and records coordination. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, creating, and coordinating litigation support services including trial preparation and presentation;
- Providing recommendations to litigation team regarding software, hardware and other methods of database management for effective and efficient use of the litigation support technology;
- Planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified IT systems, database management and/or litigation support hardware and software working with customers to ensure seamless installation and minimize installation problems;
- Resolving hardware/software interface and interoperability problems;
- Providing customer support services including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and training in response to user requirements;
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools;
- Monitoring case management databases and working with Case Manager to analyze and define data requirements and specifications;
- Designing, developing, testing, implementing and managing internet, intranet, and extranet litigation support and IT activities, including technical management of websites.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.