About the Position: Are you interested in helping to defend our Nation? Exciting career opportunities are available with the U.S. Army NETCOM!
Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation for Cyber Workforce Positions. The following positions may be filled from this vacancy announcement:
Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) GS-2210
Multiple vacancies exist and may be filled from this announcement at any of the locations listed. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. However, the first cut-off date for referral to the hiring official with known/projected vacancies is 3 days from the opening date of the announcement. Subsequently, applications will be referred to selecting officials every 14 days or as vacancies occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application and designate your locations of choice. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a position is requested to be filled.
Period of Eligibility: Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained for three months and may be used at any time during this period. After 3 months, you must reapply to this announcement in order to be considered.
Positions listed with multiple grades may be filled at any grade level and may or may not have promotion potential.
Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Temporary positions may be extended up to a maximum of three years. Term positions may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
Pay will vary by grade level and geographic location.
Selections made under this announcement may be non-competitively converted to the Cyber Excepted Service upon implementation.
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions.
75% or less - Travel requirements vary by grade and position. While a few positions may require 60% business travel, most positions will have 10-30% business travel required.