The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Joining the Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP) means leading the coordinated national effort to reduce risk to our critical infrastructure posed by acts of terrorism, natural disaster, or other emergency. In this position, you would be responsible for providing information technology (IT) support services within the Office of Infrastructure Protection.
Relocation expenses are not authorized but other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
Who May Be Considered:
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
Learn more about this agency
- Providing technical advice on the engineering development phases of the IT Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC).
- Assisting in the development of systems design methods to improve the quality of software products.
- Leads IT system project activities and ensures projects stay within cost, scope, schedule and performance parameters.
- Evaluating new and enhanced approaches to delivering IT services; test and optimize the functionality of systems and data, and define technical requirements.
- Meeting with customers to collect information about business requirements and analyzing user requirements to provide greater effectiveness of services.
- Identify and document system requirements to develop/maintain configuration management and change control processes.
- Assisting application developers to isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates (this includes Merit Promotion, Status Candidates, Former Overseas Employees, CTAP, ICTAP, VRA, VEOA, 30% or More Disabled, EVHO, Schedule A, Military Spouses, Americorps, Peace Corps, Vista, Interchange Agreement Eligibles, Land Management, and National Guard).
Questions? This job is open to 8 groups.