About the Position: This position is located at: Department of Defense Education Activity, Headquarters, Associate Director for Financial and Business Operations, Human Resources Division, Policy and Compliance Branch, Alexandria, Virginia.
Learn more about this agency
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
- Develops goals and standards in the specified teaching area(s), including those that support the DoDEA Community Strategic Plan.
- Integrates data from system-wide testing programs, accreditation reports, and field observations into comprehensive needs statements for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with Math, Science, and College and Career Readiness groups regarding STEM Initiatives and Common Core Standards in order to ensure that all program policies are provided.
- Assesses the system wide effectiveness in the defined teaching area(s) by monitoring the implementation of curriculum/performance standards.
- Trains curriculum liaisons, specialists and other leaders in methods for implementing and maintaining effective instruction and assessment both in the existing curriculum and in initiatives for curriculum improvement.
- Collaborates with Education Technologists regarding IT installations, rights, and software and hardware requirements as they pertain to various curriculum requirements.
- Directs the systematic review and implementation curriculum/performance/program standards, and methodology for the various program area such as engineering drawing, computer programming/coding, software engineering, and STEM courses.
- Identifies training needs in various discipline area(s) of responsibility such as e-books and online curriculum.
- Contracting Officer Represent (COR) responsibilities for multiple contracts which include developing Statement of Work (SOW), monitoring contracts to ensure technical services are provided.
- Collaborates with Professional Development groups regarding trainings, 21st century skills, and current trends to ensure Career and Technical Education (CTE) trainings and curriculum materials being developed are consistent with current practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.