This National Guard position is for a INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1659000 and is part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon Air National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
As a INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-0132-12, this position is located in the Intelligence Operations function within Air Operations of Air National Guard flying units. This position serves as the Senior Intelligence Analyst for the assigned Wing and as such is responsible to provide training, advise on, administer and disseminate intelligence information.
- Serves as the unit's expert intelligence analyst for the commander and staff on all intelligence matters.
- Assures the Intelligence function maintains a capability to provide timely and accurate operational intelligence support and fully trained intelligence personnel during peacetime and contingency operations.
- Gains and maintains Global Situational Awareness (GSA) in order to quickly and accurately advise commanders/decision-makers on possible enemy courses of action.
- Researches, evaluates, integrates, and analyzes all-source data in the preparation of clear, concise, in-depth intelligence analytical products focusing on the threats to air operations prepared in response to mission requirements.
- Must present and defend intelligence positions to a variety of audiences, including unit staff, MAJCOM representatives, and members of the DoD.
- Develops and oversees the execution of the unit's Internal Intelligence Training Program for all Title-32 assigned intelligence personnel.
- Develops and directs the External Intelligence Training Program for all operations personnel.
- Plans, organizes, establishes, and manages the methodology for deployment and conduct of intelligence operations during contingency operations.
- Prepares and develops finished intelligence inputs for unit exercise scenarios, analytical studies, and war games.
- Oversees and establishes procedures for the maintenance of a comprehensive intelligence publications reference library that is tailored to the unit mission and area of operations.
- Provides in-depth research and analysis of the Force Protection situation at home station and all deployed locations.
- Prepares and manages the budgeting of fiscal and personnel resources for the intelligence function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.*
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.