Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
Learn more about this agency
This is a GG-11 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-11 duties for the Professional work category are at the Full Performance work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-11 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***NOTE: This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the Air Force (AF) Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish intelligence functions in support of programs essential to state AFRC daily operations, training, and readiness missions. Also train reservists in the accomplishment of tasks set forth.
- Performs assigned operational intelligence research and analysis.
- Provides Force Protection (FP) intelligence support to commanders and their staffs
- Serves as the unit authority on all aspects of internal intelligence training.
- Participates with the intelligence program manager in the establishment and management of the unit intelligence mobility program.
- Supports the intelligence program manager in planning and organizing an intelligence program that has the capability to provide timely and accurate operational intelligence support.
- Represents the unit regarding intelligence program policies, procedures and issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.