Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
This position is located at Tripler Army Medical Center, which is on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian
chain. It is home to about three-fourths of the state's population. Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. Metropolitan city. Waikiki,
the most world-renowned site in Oahu, and is the top visitor destination of the state. The island is very geographically diverse with mountains,
rainforests, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more.
A cost of living allowance (COLA) of 11.32% is currently authorized; subject to change.**Salary includes 17.92% locality pay**
Tripler Army Medical Center is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and
electronic nicotine delivery devices.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
At the full performance grade of GS-09, you will perform the following duties:
· Performs gas/liquid chromatography-mass spectrometer (GC-MS/LC-MS/LC-MS/MS) analysis to confirm the presence of drugs of abuse in urine specimens in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Drug Deterrence Program.
· Performs and documents all required maintenance before batch analysis which includes evaluation of tuning and calibration prior to batch analysis.
· Monitors and reviews batch data for quality, technical proficiency, forensic compliance and compliance with established ForensicToxicology Drug Testing Laboratory (FTDTL) Standard Operating Procedures.
· Analyzes and evaluates scientific data to verify open and blind control samples are performing within the quantitative/qualitative parameters required of the assay.
· Participates in the troubleshooting of current instrument issues to correct technical performance issues.
You will be closely supervised at the GS-07 grade level.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is up to 5 percent of the time.