The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Learn more about this agency
As an Inventory Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties (At the GS-07 level, duties will be performed in a developmental capacity):
- Monitor and evaluate material usage and customer demand patterns to recommend retail stock levels of Mission Support Material (MSM), Direct Material Inventory (DMI), Future Use Material (FUM), and Depot Level Repairable (DLR).
- Work with Customer to manage minimum and maximum levels of material to account for frequent deviations from normal patterns.
- Submit Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) and non-MILSTRIP requisitions and DLRs retrograde tracking and extension request to Item Managers to satisfy requirements for managed items.
- Review unfilled order status on a daily basis and take appropriate action to escalate fulfillment actions not meeting customer requirements.
- Coordinate with appropriate designated supply chain personnel contacts to initiate appropriate actions for overdue replenishment.
- Monitor shelf life items in stock and ensuring materials are replenished if shelf life expires.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent Civilian DoD Employees (In Commuting Area). ICTAP (Must be in Commuting Area). Individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities are not required to be in the commuting area: Individuals with Disabilities, 30% Disabled Vet or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), Eligible Veterans (VRA) http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/AOC%20Eligibility%20Definitions%2020140611.pdf
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.