Monster Government Solutions (MGS) will be performing scheduled maintenance between Saturday, September 16th, and Monday, September 18th, 2017. You may not be able to complete the application process during this time. The scheduled maintenance will end 6:00 a.m. ET, Monday, September 18th.
Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Assistant Chief Information Officer (OCIO) with two vacancies in Silver Spring, MD.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
* This vacancy may be used to fill other IT Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-14 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an IT Security Specialist (INFOSEC), you will perform the following duties:
- Lead a team of federal and contractor IT security specialists in conducting the annual Assessment and Authorization (A&A) assessments of the National Weather Service (NWS), Federal Information Management Security Act (FISMA) systems in accordance with national policy.
- Act as the IT security expert and authority for all systems at NWS by overseeing policy implementation and providing clarification and policy guidance.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for all IT security data calls issued by NOAA and ensure all field responses are accurate and thorough.
- Ensure all National Center for Information Resources and Technologies (NCIRT) tickets are opened in a timely manner and that the field personnel respond promptly in accordance with established procedures and policy.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for NWS to ensure that all annual security awareness training and role based training is completed.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% of domestic travel required