As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation. Employment with DFAS means access to generous benefits such as: health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits.
Learn more about this agency
DFAS is using the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for DOD Cyber Workforce Positions to recruit and appoint individuals to positions that meet the definition of "cyber workforce" (also known as "cyberspace workforce") as defined in DoDD 8140.01, "Cyberspace Workforce Management," and must be anticipated to become part of the cyber excepted service. Positions in the cyber excepted service are positions necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the United States Cyber Command.
Vacancy Information: Position is located in: Information & Technology Directorate, Infrastructure & Production Support Mid-Tier - Indianapolis, Indiana.
Who may apply: United States Citizens
- Responsibility for the local application of systems which operate locally on multiple mid-tier or medium scale mainframe computers as well as on local personal computers.
- Monitors and maintains multi-database applications and interaction between multiple applications.
- Reviews production control logs, system lists and operator messages.
- Installs, verifies, and reports on standard software packages.
- Analyzes systems design deficiencies and modifies appropriate JCL or Control-M jobs to preclude system abends.
- Issues system recovery and/or restart jobs using specific restart jobs such as Control-M or Job Control Language (JCL) Scripts.
- Conducts file and database management by analyzing reports of space utilization for master files within the applications.
- Prepares and provides systems change requests (SCRs) to the programming staff for these problems when warranted.
- Creates necessary procedures, JCl or Control-M jobs to accomplish same for centrally developed systems.
- Provide testing support for SIT, SQT, and SAT testing for assigned applications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.