This position is located in the Keying Section, Data Capture Branch of the U.S. Census Bureau's National Processing Center located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. This position serves as a work leader for a group of Statistical Clerks (Data Transcribing) performing a full range of data capture assignments in support of NPC programs. The incumbent may be assigned to work in any area of the branch, as workload requires. This position is included in the bargaining unit.
Learn more about this agency
Applications under this job opportunity announcementwill be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2017-0201, Lead Clerk (Data Transcribing), GG-0303-05-DCB-TE-MAP-Internal, which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/.
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Alternate Work Schedule (AWS) and other various flexible work schedules are not available.
Mixed Tour Work Schedule: Mixed tour is a combination of periods of full-time, part-time, and intermittent work schedules which allows the best utilization of the employee based on the work requirements of the organization. Whenever there is a change in the workload, your work schedule may be changed to full, part-time or intermittent.
Candidates must clear the fingerprint process and initiate the required background investigation prior to selection.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Assist the group supervisor in leading activities of 3 or more grade 04 clerks (data transcribing), in performance of data capture tasks;
- Distribute and balance workloads;
- Keep in touch with status and progress of the work and estimate and report on expected time of work completion;
- Distribute and assign work based on priority and selective consideration in order to maintain an even workflow through all phases of the operation;
- Keep in touch with the status and progress of work, estimating and reporting expected time of completion;
- Provide instructions to employees and on-the-job training to new employees;
- Ready machines for continuing production activities;
- Individually perform and assist unit employees in data capture of assigned projects;
- Provides assistance in resolution of problems with batch and edit operations, procedure interpretations, system malfunctions, etc., taking appropriate action to correct the problem;
- Perform output procedures such as taking systems saves at prescribed intervals throughout the workday.