There are two vacancies for this position -- one in Phoenix, AZ and one in Denver, CO.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH). PIH’s mission is to provide low-income families affordable housing opportunities as they transition to self-sufficiency and homeownership. PIH oversees the administration of HUD’s Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Section 8 Rental Assistance, and Native American Programs through a staff of Headquarters and Field employees. The field structure for PIH consists of 29 Hub Offices and 16 Program Centers that provide oversight, direct monitoring, and coordination for approximately 4,200 public housing authorities.
As a Lead Grants Management Specialist (Team Leader), you will:
- Articulate and communicate team assignments, potential program issues/problems to be addressed, project milestones, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Provide technical assistance to division staff in team-building methods and techniques to accomplish tasks and arrange for additional training when necessary for the accomplishment of specific individual or team tasks.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication of work related information to the Division Director.
- Implement national policies, standards, procedures and guidelines with regard to the grants administration of all applicable programs. Provide on-going technical guidance to Indian tribes and tribally-designated housing entities regarding the interpretation and application of grants administration program policies and procedures.
- Represent Grants Management Division in meetings with members of Federal, state and local groups, and other HUD offices with regard to the administration of applicable programs.
Occasional travel - 3-5 nights per month.