PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
We are concurrently announcing this position under Merit Promotion (applicants with status as current or former federal employees or applicants eligible under special hiring authorities) Vacancy Announcement Number: FSA-17-0675-WA-MS at the GS-5/7 grade level. Applicants wishing to be considered for all announcements must submit separate and complete application packages for each vacancy announcement.
Learn more about this agency
This position is assigned to the Farm Service Agency, Washington State Office, Farm Loan Team, located in Spokane, Spokane County, Washington.
Farm Loan Officer's (FLO's) are required to successfully complete all of the requirements of the Farm Loan Training Program. FLO's may be reassigned to another training office during their training program. In addition, upon completion of training program, FLO's may be reassigned, at any time, to a different duty station if workload activity changes or vacancies occur.
This position assists the Farm Loan Manager in administering farm loan programs in a USDA Service Center serving one or more Counties.
- Making, servicing, and supervising loans;
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and credit counseling to loan applicants and borrowers;
- Has delegated loan approval authority to approve loans within a specific limit;
- Has knowledge of agency farm loan programs and eligibility requirements;
- Has knowledge of the technicalities of farm financing and credit, financial management concepts and practices, farm operations, land use and value, production and marketing of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the serviced farming areas.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required.