This is a Washington Army National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service Bargaining Unit Technician position:
Learn more about this agency
Location: CSMS, Camp Murray, WA
Appointment Type: Permanent
Advertised as: ENLISTED
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
A MACHINIST, WG-3414-10/11:
- Fabricates complex and non-routine items that require numerous intricate steps, precise measurements, unusual and compound angles, or nonstandard applications of standard equipment.
- Plans and lays out work from blueprints, sketches, drawings, or specifications.
- Performs machine setups using advanced shop mathematics, and geometric and trigonometric formulas, to compute compound angles, angular indexing, hole patterns, pitch lead, and pitch diameters for various standard and non-standard threads.
- Sets up and operates most types of conventional and/or Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine tools such as lathes; vertical and horizontal boring mills; bench, plane, or universal milling machines; shapers and planers; internal and external grinders, thread grinders; and radial drills.
- Performs precision handwork to finish, fit, and assemble machined parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D1213000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - as required for job training or mission requirements.