About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is U.S. and Non- Citizens residing in the surrounding area (defined as Beauregard, Rapides, Sabine and Vernon parishes).
(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at DFMWR Klubs and Karts, Fort Polk, LA
Join a Global Workforce of approximately 28,000 with a career in Amy Family and MWR! Business Operations Division offers those morale enhancing programs and services for Soldiers, Families, Retirees and Civilians while generating a profit for the NAFI so that we can provide free or discounted programs and services and investment in our infrastructure across the enterprise.
This position is being announced with a wage range per the Ft. Polk Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 35/Sections 2&3. However, the rate for this position will be $9.79 (Step 1).
Per AR 215-3, Chapter 3, Section 3-8a(1), the Garrison Commander or equivalent is authorized to make appointments at the second step rate of the appropriate grade in recognition of special qualifications, skills and experience of an exceptional or highly specialized nature.
Per the Ft. Polk NAF NAIL Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 20/Section 3b, When Flexible employees work for a period of 180 consecutive days averaging twenty (20) hours or more a week, the employee should be converted to Regular Part-Time.
1. Performs a variety of trades and craft duties involving maintenance, repair and improvement of facilities.
2. Duties require the use of trade practices associated with carpentry, painting, and laboring work.
3. The incumbent may also be required to operate a motor vehicle.
4. Assists in the maintenance and repair of building interiors. Patches and paints walls, replaces faucet washers, light bulbs and fuses. Un-stops sinks and toilet bowls. Hangs electrical fixtures and repairs screens and storm sashes. Makes minor repairs to furniture and woodwork. May occasionally assist in moving furniture or refinishing the appearance.
5. Assists in the maintenance and repair of building exteriors. Prepares surfaces for painting by applying by applying sealing compounds and primers. Finishes rough edges, smoothing them with file, emery cloth and sandpaper. Paints when surfaces are ready. Sets up and adjusts ladders and scaffolding. Carries, lifts and holds materials in position during the repair operation. Nails loose boards and replaces window glass.
Frequently stands, stoops, bends, kneels, climbs, and works in tiring and uncomfortable positions. May carry equipment, tools or supplies weighing from 40 to 80 pounds.