If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 18-HUD-776-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Learn more about this agency
The Office of Housing provides vital public services through its nationally administered programs. It oversees the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the largest mortgage insurer in the world, and regulates important parts of the housing industry. The Office of Housing also helps ensure consumers can access housing counseling and provides affordable rental housing through its Multifamily housing program. The Office of Housing is committed to helping all Americans obtain safe, decent affordable housing.
The Office of Single Family Housing is responsible for the overall management of Single Family mortgage insurance programs for the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). The Office assists in the expansion of affordable and quality homeownership opportunities for individuals and families who are traditionally underserved by the private market. The Office also acts as a stabilizing force in the single family home financing market by increasing access to mortgage credit. Policies and programs administered by the Office-from becoming an FHA-approved mortgage lender or other stakeholder, to mortgage origination through post-closing and endorsement processes, servicing of FHA mortgages, and beyond-assist in the provision of these affordable mortgage programs while meeting the needs of borrowers. These functions are carried out by dedicated staff in our Washington, DC headquarters, four Homeownership Centers in Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO, Philadelphia, PA, and Santa Ana, CA, and through our National Servicing Center in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Research and investigate new or improved business and management practices for application to Housing programs and operations.
- Identify data required for use in the management and direction of programs.
- Develop management plans, procedures, and methodology;
- Conduct complex and special studies for efficiency and productivity and recommend changes or improvements in work methods, and procedures.
- Develop procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems.
- Analyze and evaluate Housing functions and activities being considered for conversion to contract operations.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All Candidates who are:
1.Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates
eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement), or VRA
2. HUD employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.