This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Directorate of Management. The incumbent of this position serves in a non-supervisory management information specialist position providing qualitative and/or quantitative support, researching problems and issues on a variety of program and budget functions, providing database management expertise, and serves as the administrative support specialist. Incumbent utilizes information technology systems to efficiently and effectively accomplish the Comptroller's mission.
Learn more about this agency
As a Management Information Specialist at the GS-0301-11 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Developing databases for Joint Staff financial management and acquisition records to enable permanent storage and rapid retrieval of information.
- Monitoring routine maintenance and troubleshooting of financial management IT systems.
- Managing the processing of documents prepared within the Office of the Comptroller for compliance with policy directives and procedures.
- Performing office support functions related to document management, time and attendance records, action officer task management, and personnel/physical security matters.
- Preparing a variety of reports covering funds status, obligations, and disbursements for use by the Comptroller.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.