MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST (PROJECT MANAGER)
Internal Revenue Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
Work Schedule is FULL TIME - PERMANENT
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Wednesday 1/25/2017
Salary Range $97,869.00 to $127,228.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0343-13/13
Promotion Potential 13
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply -IRS employees on Career or Career Conditional Appts in the competitive service
Control Number 462034800
Job Announcement Number 17CE3-AWN0028-0343-13-WK
About the Agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST (PROGRAM MANAGER) DO?
As a Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various programs relating to substantive, mission-oriented goals of the Internal Revenue Service. The complex programs involve systems or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
WHAT IS THE AGENCY-WIDE SHARED SERVICES (AWSS) DIVISION: AWSS customers are IRS employees – AWSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission including , but not limited to, real estate and portfolio solutions, building infrastructure and facilities management, security services, employee credentialing, environmental health and safety, employee credit and travel card services, and incident management and continuity of operations.
Position is located in Agency-Wide Shared Services (AWSS), Facilities Management and Security Services (FMSS), Office of the Chief of Staff. One (1) vancancy to be filled at 2 Metrotech Center, 100 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, NY (NY7288).
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Manage projects that are agency-wide in scope and have significant impact on issues facing the Facilities Management and Security Services (FMSS) function. Support Facilities Management and Security Services (FMSS) team initiatives, or independently study complex technology issues facing FMSS. Establish an FMSS-wide framework for using systems management methodologies to understand, manage and improve real estate space.
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the program.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Analyze system data and program areas to discern trends in program delivery and consolidate report data to measure effectiveness.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the program; negotiate with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Interpret, develop, adapt and coordinate analytical reviews of new policies, procedures and program requirements and their impact on FMSS operations and resources.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the program.
- Conducts briefings and prepares comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
- Occasional Travel
- Travel 1-5 nights per month may be required
How to Apply