Apply for this exciting position to support the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries the USCG has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics, Base New Orleans, Naval Engineering Department New Orleans, Industrial Production Facility New Orleans, LA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading and performing major overhaul and/or repairs on all types of machinery and mechanical equipment board Coast Guard vessels and stations or used in support of Coast Guard missions.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Removing machinery from boats, ships, or stations for repairs or modifications.
- Disassembling and repairing and testing machinery such as marine diesel engines, both mobile and stationary.
- Determining degree of wear and renewing parts worn beyond limits as set forth in manufacturers’ manuals or other competent authority.
- Installing and repairing other types of ship machinery such as weight handling machinery, hydraulic systems and components, anchor windlasses, boat davits, cranes and other deck machinery.
- Assisting members of other trades when necessary to complete work in a timely and efficient manner.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates, Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, Former Overseas Employees, CTAP, ICTAP, VRA, 30% Disabled, Schedule A, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, Americorps, Vista within the local commuting area of the position(s).
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Questions? This job is open to 7 groups.