The selectee for this position will serve as a MATERIALS HANDLER in the Facilities Department of MARINE CORPS AIR STATION IWAKUNI~.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Receives incoming property that includes furnishings and appliances, equipment, and supplies from common carriers, trailers, vans, and from authorized contractor vehicles.
- Ensures that all supplies, furnishings, materials, appliances, and self-help items are properly accounted, safeguarded, and inventoried in order to deter theft.
- May be required to operate a forklift, pallet jack, or similar equipment in the performance of daily duties of receiving, pre-positioning, and preparing items for delivery.
- Responsible for inspecting all material and items received and reporting to his or her supervisor or other responsible person according to local established policy.
- Stores, stacks, and palletizes furnishings, appliances, and other material utilization current warehousing techniques.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Overseas Excepted Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, NAFI/Interchange or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.