The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
- Assist journeyman meatcutters by performing the simpler tasks when processing beef, pork, veal, and lamb into retail and ready-to-eat cuts for sale to patrons.
- Tray, wrap, weigh and price cuts using automatic or manual wrapping machines.
- Ensure correct prices by referencing price lists.
- Replenish stock in display cases and rotates product to ensure wholesomeness.
- Use, clean, maintain, and sharpen a variety of hand tools and power equipment.
- Clean and sanitize work area to maintain required standards of cleanliness and sanitation.