Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is with the USA Medical Department Activity, Coordinated Care Division, Patient Appointment Branch, Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613. Fort Huachuca is located 75 miles southeast of Tucson, Arizona. We are nestled at the foot of the Huachuca Mountains and enjoy the benefit of some of the best climate in the United States. Please visit the Fort Huachuca web site for more information at http://www.huachuca.army.mil/. also, please visit sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce web site for information on relocating to the Sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce web sit for information on relocating to the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca area at http://www.sierravistachamber.org/.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Performs the full range of receptionist, recordkeeping, and miscellaneous clerical duties within the ambulatory setting.
- Enters, manipulates, and/or retrieves information and data from automated systems.
- Completes request forms, manually or automated, for individual patient orders, blood work, and other requests.
- Maintains and monitors patient appointment schedules for the clinic/practice.
- Schedules appropriate patient appointments manually and/or automated systems.
- Coordinates and/or schedules patient appointments with other clinics or specialties.
- Provides information regarding the practice, clinic, and hospital policies, procedures, and locations to patients, family members, staff, etc
- Occasional Travel
- TDY less than 5% of the time