The John J. Pershing VAMC embraces patient-family centered care principles. The incumbent practices excellent customer service in all work activities. Must be poised and articulate in communicating with people of varied educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The Nursing Assistant makes caring for the Veteran his/her priority in all aspects of work.
Learn more about this agency
This Nursing Assistant is assigned to the Community Living Center at the John J. Pershing VAMC. The duties of this position include, but is not limited to:
- Function as a member of the nursing team and assists the Registered Nurses in the care of patients in acute, sub acute or chronic states of illness
- Performs aspects of care, which require understanding of complex patient treatment.
- Assists providers and nurses in the performance of diagnostic examinations by performing duties such as monitoring vital signs and pain levels, preparing and positioning the patient or by performing a variety of routine diagnostic tests.
- Enters specific information onto the patient's electronic record and records information onto appropriate flow sheets, treatment sheet etc.
- Performs a wide variety of duties aimed at increasing the comfort and spirit of the patient.
Work Schedule: 3:30 p.m. to Midnight. Position will rotate every other weekend and major holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required