The Nursing Assistant is a member of the health care team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs assignments as a Nursing Assistant in the Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit.
Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Golf Coast VA Health Care System, Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit, in Biloxi, MS. Assigned tasks require personal care, basic technical competence and skill, patient documentation and patient teaching. The distinguishing factory is that patient/resident assignments typically involve more complex nursing needs which can vary within a range of predictable to unpredictable requirements and/or end of life care. This position will also provide individualized care according to established policies following the patient plan of care.
- Measure vital signs.
- Record treatments findings, and progress in electronic patient record.
- Perform and record a variety of advanced specialized treatments.
- He/she provide 1:1 observation for suicidal, wander, or high fall risk patients.
- Uses personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Accepts and carries out instructions from supervisor.
- Enter information into the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS)
- Teach patients and the family members the need to continue procedures for proper health care.
- Ensure proper specimen collection.
- Exercise careful work habits and caution to assure a safe environment for patients.
- Promotes the physical independence of the patients
- Cleans reusable medical equipment on the unit and maintains a neat and orderly patient care environment
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: 12 Hour Shifts
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 000000, Nursing Assistant -Acute Inpatient Mental Health
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required