Department of State - Agency Wide
1 vacancy - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Wednesday 1/18/2017
Salary Range $54,972.00 to $71,467.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0301-09/09
Promotion Potential 09
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply Limited to Eligible Department of State Employees (per 3 FAM 2315)
"You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined."
"More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur."
Control Number 461992600
Job Announcement Number HRSC/OES-2017-0011
About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Environmental Quality and Transboundary Issues (EQT), which is responsible for developing, coordinating, and advancing U.S. policy interests across a variety of environment-related treaties, organizations, and issues including those pertaining to trade and sustainable development, industrial pollution and chemicals, and multilateral institutions. The Office also handles environmental reviews associated with the Presidential Permitting process for certain facilities that cross the international border with Canada or Mexico.
The Office Administrator performs a variety of office management tasks in support of the Office Director and Deputy Director, and provides a wide range of administrative support and direction to a large office staff (over 25 employees) having separate and diverse functional and geographic responsibilities and involving complex issues and/or assignments.
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing written justifications for the repair and/or replacement of all office equipment when necessary; Performing a combination of duties requiring a broad knowledge of the office’s administrative aspects as they relate to budgeting, supply management, procurement, contracting and personnel management;
- Managing the office budget, ensuring that sufficient funds are allocated for expenses related to travel, supply requisitions, equipment purchases, servicing contracts, and blanket purchase orders;
- Supporting the Inventory Management Control function with guidance and oversight by the Executive Office, in accordance with the Non Expendable Property Act (NEPA), to include control of all nonexpendable supplies/items, property, office equipment and/or other materials assigned to office personnel; Developing and maintaining a standardized system of filing so that office personnel will clearly understand and identify documents correctly;
- Taking action to resolve hardware problems of a routine nature and contacts service representatives regarding all other equipment repair services needed; monitoring and reviewing all incoming and outgoing correspondence/actions and determining the proper action or disposition to be taken.
- Maintaining own and, on request, the Office Director’s and Deputy’s schedules; and setting up office meeting and conference room schedules, i.e., coordinates, estimates, and plans for the amount of time required to complete all aspects of a meeting.
How to Apply