Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide general office clerical support; maintain rental equipment contracts and service contracts; input and track purchase requisitions for hospital equipment, supplies and limited timekeeping duties. The incumbent reports to the Supervisory Clinical Nurse.cords Administrator Specialist.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks associated with maintaining and supporting the work of the organization.
- Utilize data base to maintain and update vendor information for tracking purposes.
- Coordinator for rental equipment and service contracts which includes data entry for requests and monitoring through approval process.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, which may include reports, memorandums, and other documents from draft to finalized version.
- Maintains appointment and meeting schedule for supervisor and organizational unit served.
- Attends and takes meeting minutes as requested.
- Timekeeping duties