Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at U.S. Army Sustainment Command, 404th Army Field Support Brigade, Logistics Readiness Center, Artillery Branch, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.
- This position may be filled as a Temporary Promotion, Temporary Reassignment, or Temporary Change to Lower Grade not to exceed 12 months.
- A temporary appointment may be made for a specified period not to exceed one year. The appointment may be extended one additional year for a maximum of 24 months of total service at management discretion.
As a Optical Instrument Repairer, you will perform the following duties, but not limited to:
- Disassemble, diagnose deficiencies, cleans, repairs, replaces, reassembles, installs, collimates, bore sights, adjusts, aligns and synchronizes a variety of optical and fire control equipment's.
- Repairs hand held lasers and thermal sights used for forward observers.
- Repairs variety of artillery fire control equipment to include telescopes
- Repairs rifle scopes, binoculars, infrared, night vision equipment and night vision surveillance cameras.
- Use a variety of tools and testing equipment such as collimaters, GRM Tests Sets, multimeters, oscilloscopes, numerous gauges, tests specific to certain types of equipment, leveling plates, scales and machining equipment such as lathes, drill press, grinders and sanders.