OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS), is comprised of two large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers located in Temple and Waco, a large stand-alone multi-specialty outpatient clinic in Austin, four outpatient clinics located in Brownwood, Bryan/College Station, Cedar Park, and Palestine plus a rural outreach clinic in La Grange. TEXAS HAS NO STATE TAXES!!!
Position will remain open until filled. After Bargaining Unit Requirements are met, applicants may be referred upon application or as requested.
This is a bargaining unit position
Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
This position is located in Temple, Texas. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides comprehensive care for our veteran population such as services in the diagnosis, care, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Provides effective medical treatment, consultation, and diagnosis upon request from other Services/Departments.
- Obtains patient histories, performs physical exams, formulates a working diagnosis and develops/implements a treatment plan according to clinical guidelines and to determine appropriate hospitalization, and/or disposition to Nursing Home Care, Assisted Living,
- Community Nursing Home, and/or Home Care.
- Orders appropriate tests and incorporate results for treatment plan.
- Initiates or expedites requests for consults, special tests, or studies.
- Authorized to write both inpatient and outpatient medical orders, treatments and medications.
- Provides education and counseling to patient and family in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatment and drugs.
- Serve as an attending/teaching physician for internal medicine residents/students as assigned.
- Coverage of extended hours of clinic coverage in the evenings and on weekends will be required on an intermittent basis.
- Works with nurses to coordinate care in non-face to face settings.
- Provides supervision/collaboration to mid-level provider as assigned/requests
- Participates in Peer reviews, chart reviews, hospital/clinic committees and Process improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Utilizes proficient data-entry (typing) skills
- BLS required.
- Work Schedule: If needed, applicant may be required to work a compressed tour, which typically includes 4 - 10 hour days a week. Periodic Saturday Extended Hour Coverage will be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required