1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
For over 60 years, Lebanon VA Medical Center has passionately served with trust, excellence and commitment. We have a vibrant affiliation with the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine based at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA and maintain 106 other academic affiliations in a wide variety of disciplines. The largest employer in Lebanon County offering a wide range of benefits including: Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Groups Health Insurance, Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, Supplemental Dental and/or Vision, and more. Additional information can be found on our internet site http://www.lebanon.va.gov/.
This is an open-continuous announcement. We will accept application packets on an on-going basis; however, eligible and qualified applicants that have submitted complete application packets will be referred to the selecting official at various intervals. If the vacancy is filled prior to the closing date, the announcement will be closed.
As a VA physician, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
The VA Medical Center in Lebanon Pennsylvania is looking for a full-time Gastroenterologist to join our team. The position will be assigned to the Lebanon campus to provide comprehensive patient care in the form of invasive, non-invasive, consultative, and inpatient and outpatient Gastroenterologist patient care. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide services such as outpatient examinations, consultation services related to GI, management of patients with Hepatitis C with the current treatment regimen, and admission status to the facility
- Consultative input to outpatient and inpatient care, including Hepatitis C therapies
- Work closely with all health care professionals and provide consultation to other services
- Diagnose, treat, and manage patients with gastrointestinal diseases according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and technique.
- Oversee the administration of conscious sedation, perform GI procedures such as EGD (gastroscopy), EGD with Peg, colonoscopies, paracentesis, liver biopsy, and other procedures as appropriate and in-line with your technical skills.
- Provide direct patient care as well as resident supervision and clinical instruction in outpatient clinic and inpatient settings
- Perform chart reviews and coordinate with Hospitalist regarding patient care issues
- Responsible to document patient care data in electronic medical records (CPRS), such as: history and physical exams, daily progress notes for inpatients, encounters for outpatients, consult notes, discharge summaries and instructions, transfer summaries and enter both new and renewal prescriptions
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews
- Comply with all quality performance measures and improvement programs
- Attend team meetings and Medical Service meetings
- Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility or provide the necessary services.
This position requires faculty appointment status for necessary supervision of residents/trainees.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, unless otherwise approved. (Call coverage may be required)
Functional Statement Title / #: Privileges
Financial Disclosure Report: Selectee will not be required to file a financial disclosure report.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.