The selectee for this position will serve as a PLASTIC FABRICATOR WORKER in the PRODUCTION RESOURCES DEPARTMENT of PEARL HARBOR NAVAL SHIPYARD/INTERMEDIATE MAINTENANCE FACILITY. PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF
Learn more about this agency
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Examine damaged areas of composite or plastic parts for repair or restore.
- Install battery cribbing and wedges using precision instruments.
- Use shop mathematics to calculate required materials.
- Follow safety practices while operating tools and equipment while storing and mixing potentially explosive chemicals.
- Operate wood working machinery, power and hand tools to fabricate fiberglass, rubber, plastic, and wood items.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent Competitive Service Internal Employees of Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard/Intermediate Maintenance Facility within UIC 32253
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.