About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, Position Description Number D1259000and is part of the Field Maintenance Shop 3 located in Spanish Fork, with the Utah Army National Guard. This vacancy is open statewide. The selecting supervisor for this vacancy is CW2 Shawn Hawkes.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, GS-1152-7, you will:
* Establishes plans, schedules, and controls the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms.
* Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments.
* Provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equipment.
* Studies directives, modification work orders, and regulations as to their application in the unit.
* Conducts initial and long range planning pertaining to routine production processes, mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
* Designates and maintains current maintenance repair priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities, (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations) and unit supported.
* Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, Class 9 (CL IX) funding, production problems and work planning.
* Provides assistance to ensure that Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports and system management.
* Analyzes repair methods and recommends control procedures to ensure that accomplishment of programs meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities.
* Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pick up of completed work orders.
* In the absence of the higher graded production controller, ensures that unit CL IX accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness; and performs demand analysis on CL IX expenses to determine proper PLL stockage to sustain facility mission requirements.