The selectee for this position will serve as a Program Analyst in the the Naval Supply (NAVSUP) Fleet Logistics Center Yokosuka, Business Operations Departmentlocated in Yokosuka, Japan.
Learn more about this agency
As the Program Analyst your duties and responsibilities include serving as the command lead in preparation of the annual Products and Services (P&S) business plan; financial management support; preparing detailed plans,budgets, and schedules for programs and fiscal planning.
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Collaborate with department managers to monitor costs and recommend changes in budget allocations.
- Prepare business plans for products and/or services to ensure programs are adequately funded for the fiscal year.
- Plan resource management requirements to ensure compliance with business regulations.
- Analyze data (e.g. cost, schedule, performance data) to derive relationships involving system parameters, schedule and cost variations.
- Develop process improvement recommendations to assist managers with formulating improvement plans and strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.