Program Assistant (OA), GS-0303-07 (Open to Status & VEOA Applicants)LC
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Friday 1/20/2017
Salary Range $40,082.00 to $52,107.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0303-07/07
Promotion Potential 07
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply
Current or former federal employees with status
OR Veterans eligible under VEOA.
If you are NOT a status employee or VEOA eligible, please apply under announcement PHMSA.PSRG-2017-0038, which is open to all U.S. Citizens.
Control Number 462024700
Job Announcement Number PHMSA.PSRG-2017-0037
About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) under the direct supervision of a Regional Director in one of OPS’s Regional Offices. The employee assists the OPS Regional Director and regional staff in carrying out the Office of Pipeline Safety program and provides information systems support.
The employee performs non-supervisory office automation work. Duties include word processing, and may also include other software, such as spreadsheets, electronic mail, calendar, databases, graphics, desktop publishing and similar packages. The work requires knowledge of general office automation software and is performed on a microcomputer or mainframe network.
The Ideal Candidate is an applicant seeking challenging assignments performing administrative assistance, office administration duties and providing office automation support work to a Regional Director and the staff members who are carrying out the Office or Pipeline Safety programs. The automation assignments will entail, but are not exclusive to such function as operating a personal computer, postage equipment, copiers and other typical office equipment. A quality candidate will be versed in using a variety of software programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Access and be able to quickly learn other systems as needed to meet office needs. The ideal candidate will help the office achieve its mission by assisting with travel arrangements, timekeeping, meeting planning, calendar coordination, ordering supplies and other activities.
As a Program Assistant (OA), you will:
- Relieve the Regional Director of excessive tasks; such as purchasing, expediting documents, controlling document flow, handling and disseminating external and internal inquiries, addressing procedural questions, and interacting with headquarters administrative personnel. Consolidate documents requiring immediate action and/or signature and refer them to the Acting Director when necessary.
- Act as Region's resource to review and assist with procedural requirements and consistency concerning time-keeping, leave, teleworking, purchasing, travel, and associated matters.
- Administer the Region's records management activities; including case file and information files management (both electronic and hard-copy) and document retention policies and practices.
- Review and screen all incoming mail and determine what can be personally handled and route all other mail to the Director or appropriate staff member.
- Exercise exclusive control of the Regional Director’s appointments with authority for making final commitments, establishing priorities at own discretion, and rescheduling and declining those requests which are inappropriate.
- Create, copy, edit, calculate, revise, retrieve, store and print a wide range of documents in final form from handwritten drafts such as correspondence, mailing labels, reports, graphs, indices, statistics, calendar, table of contents, etc., involving, highly technical and specialized terminology (scientific engineering, legal, medical, etc.).
How to Apply