Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Protective Operations, Presidential Protective Division, will allow you to perform a variety of administrative and support functions such as manage classified documents and files, and process time and attendance for employees who work irregular and uncommon tours of duty. Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact the overall administrative functions of various divisions and project an image to the accuracy and reliability of the agency’s mission. This Protective Support Assistant position starts at a salary of $41,369.00 (GS-06 step 1), with promotion potential to $66,191.00 (GS-08 step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur.
Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a Protective Support Assistant in the Office of Protective Operations, Presidential Protective Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Preparing and reviewing a variety of correspondence, forms, charts, and reports in final format from rough draft, ensuring the accuracy of spelling punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and format; and examining and performing reviews on time & attendance records on a continual basis and detects errors so that discrepancies are infrequent.
- Performing technical work that results in bi-weekly time and attendance and monthly man-hour reports for employees who work irregular hours and uncommon tours of duty; determining and resolving difficult or sensitive processing problems such as codes, dates and computations; and extracting requested data from administrative files and/or databases to prepare various reports.
- Receiving and responding to inquiries and referring them to the appropriate staff members; and independently handling inquiries concerning established policies and providing guidance to headquarters and field offices.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Merit Promotion
- Status Candidates
- Former Overseas Employees
- 30% or More Disabled
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Schedule A
- Military Spouses
- Interchange Agreement Eligibles
View common definitions
of terms found in this ann
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.