If you are a current, permanent employee of VA Central Iowa Health Care System, the Department of Veteran Affairs, or another federal agency, please apply under vacancy announcement CBAV-10138851-18-KT.
Learn more about this agency
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Coordinator Psychologist position will be located within the Mental Health Service Line at VA Central Iowa Health Care System. This position is responsible for the coordination, integration, and oversight of the treatment and services to Veterans with substance use disorders and their families.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, direct, and provide evidence-based outpatient substance use treatment services for Veterans at the Des Moines VA
- Manage day-to-day activities of providers and staff affiliated with the SUD outpatient program, especially as those activities relate to coverage issues, training, and performance standards
- Ensure that SUD/Addiction consults are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner in the medical records system
- Ensure that documentation for patient encounters is completed in a timely and appropriate manner in the medical records system
- Obtain recognition in two VA-trained, evidence-based psychotherapies designed for substance use disorders, such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Problem Solving
- Act as a consultant on SUD issues for staff at VA Central Iowa
- Provide two didactic seminars on SUD issues for the Psychology Internship Training Program
- Offer and potentially supervise a major or minor rotation in SUD for the Psychology Internship Training Program
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required