This position will not be filled and no job offers will be made until resolution of the HHS hiring freeze, or the position qualifies for a hiring exemption and is approved pursuant to HHS guidance.
Learn more about this agency
The Public Health Advisor will either perform management and operations work or technical work.
What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-18-10152219 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Public Health Advisor you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor and direct and oversee multi-functional program activities involving a broad and complex range of public health programs that are operated overseas.
- Manage multiple projects and programs operating concurrently.
- Analyze collected data and findings and interpret complex legislative, regulatory, and/or policy guidance for use in managing overseas public health programs.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans for meeting overseas objectives.
- Establish and forge relationships with international organizations to collaborate and facilitate the development and integration of operating public health program initiatives and activities across a broad area.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.