This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV and TB, Overseas Strategy and Management Branch, Abidjan, Cote d' Ivoire.
Learn more about this agency
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Public Health Advisor, you will:
- The incumbent will serve as the Deputy Country Director and the principal management and administrative person for all CDC activities for the country of assignment..
- Manage and analyze in-country needs and opportunities against CDC program strategic objectives and advise on how best to deliver in-country public health services that reflect international standards and host country policies and regulations for such programs.
- Formulate the Program budget and presents and defends resource requirements needed to carry out the office's long-term goals and objectives.
- Oversee the overall planning, directing and timely execution of several program segments, managed through separate subordinate organizational units, including development, assignment and higher level refinement of goals and objectives for supervisors and managers of subordinate organizational units.
- Provide supervisors and staff with direction and advice regarding policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Consult with other public health advisors, health officials, senior program officials and other government agency officials regarding the integration and coordination of activities and resources in support of public health protection, disease prevention and health promotion and community protection services throughout the country for grants, contracts and cooperative agreements.
- Prepare correspondence on research, medical, program and management issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.