What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-19-10433832 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
As a Public Health Advisor you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor and direct and oversee multi-functional program activities involving a broad and complex range of public health programs that are operated overseas.
- Manage multiple projects and programs operating concurrently.
- Analyze collected data and findings and interpret complex legislative, regulatory, and/or policy guidance for use in managing overseas public health programs.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans for meeting overseas objectives.
- Establish and forge relationships with international organizations to collaborate and facilitate the development and integration of operating public health program initiatives and activities across a broad area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.