The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Current HHS Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position with the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred as (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OD-17-2001746 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about this agency
As a Public Health Advisor you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor and direct and oversee multi-functional program activities involving a broad and complex range of public health programs that are operated overseas.
- Manage multiple projects and programs operating concurrently.
- Analyze collected data and findings and interpret complex legislative, regulatory, and/or policy guidance for use in managing overseas public health programs.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans for meeting overseas objectives.
- Establish and forge relationships with international organizations to collaborate and facilitate the development and integration of operating public health program initiatives and activities across a broad area.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.