REGISTERED NURSE 3F INPATIENT ONCOLOGY
Learn more about this agency
Ward 3F is a 16 bed (6 of which are telemetry capable) acute medical unit that serves as an important component of the continuum of care in the Medical Center. The purpose of the unit is to provide nursing care to veterans experiencing acute medical problems; or patients requiring close observation, skilled nursing care, chemotherapy infusions, cardiac monitoring, continuous oxygen saturation monitoring and specialized procedures.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day/Night shifts with rotating weekends and holidays
Experience Preferred: Minimum of 6 months of Medical/Surgical RN experience strongly preferred
The specialized clinical skills/competencies the nursing staff must possess in order to competently provide care on Ward 3F are listed below.
- Perform oral/nasogastric suctioning
- Infuse anti-neoplastic agents
- Manage gastric, intestinal, and/or percutaneous drainage and feeding tubes
- Interpret EKG monitored patients. ACLS required for all RN's
- Insert and care for urinary drainage devices
- Perform ostomy care
- Use Doppler ultra sound for vascular assessment
- Manage chest/mediastinal tubes
- Perform pre and post- op patient teaching
- Manage IV lines (peripheral and central)