Registered Nurse to serve as direct caregiver and collaborate with other health care professionals to provide appropriate, effective, and efficient health care. Bases clinical judgment and decision-making on scientific theory and research as well as on specific knowledge.
Learn more about this agency
The ASU/Pre-OP/PACU RN manages patient care by continually utilizing the nursing process throughout the progression of ASU procedural patients. The incumbent is adaptable to function in pre, intra, and post procedural roles and utilizes the most current evidence to direct practice. These roles include but are not limited to: administration of procedural sedation, direct patient care, assessment, triage and patient pre-operative education in the peri-operative setting, preparing patients for surgery, and providing phase I and II recovery of surgical patients. The incumbent will work collaboratively with all health care providers to create an environment of safety and delivering quality care. The incumbent will rotate to other patient care areas as assigned by the Nurse Manager upon completion of orientation to that area. The RN must be competent to monitor record and communicate patient conditions to the healthcare team through the utilization of the electronic medical health record. The RN will be required to instruct and educate patient and families regarding pre op teaching and discharge planning. This includes the assessment and coordination of the patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. The RN provides age and culturally appropriate care for all patient who access care though the ASU Services. The RN will orient and mentors new staff members.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 0800-1630
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Documents patient data during pre-surgical assessment and the phase I and II recovery period.
- Administers medications, including ACLS medications and anticoagulants utilizing all safety precautions.
- Appropriately does patient monitoring, assessment, and documentation.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment.
- Follows strict adherence to sterile technique, infection control, and safety practices.
- Transports patients' pre and post procedure.
- Participates in maintaining a clean environment.
- Participates in the ordering and maintenance of adequate supply inventory.
- Participates in policy and procedure formation, maintains current knowledge of The Joint Commission requirements, and significantly contributes to annual proficiency data.
- Participates in assigned Hospital Committees and collegial teaching to staff outside of Cardiology.
- Supports and enhances organization's core values.
- Duties include but not limited to above.