The Cath Lab/IR Care Management Registered Nurse (RN) is directly responsible and accountable to the manager overseeing the clinic activities. He/she will utilize the nursing process to assess, coordinate, facilitate and deliver nursing care to complex patients throughout the VA Northern California Health Care System (VANCHCS). Cath Lab/IR nursing care responsibilities include, but are not limited to, nursing evaluation and management of all aspects of care management and symptom management.
Learn more about this agency
In addition, key responsibilities include complex multidisciplinary case mgt/patient care coordination and mgt of patients, to provide direct/indirect patient care of Cath Lab/IR patients. RN is a patient advocate utilizing all resources to achieve optimal outcomes in the hospital and in Cath Lab/IR. RN provides patient/family education as it related to the disease process, medication mgt, and side effects. Enhances patient self-mgt by providing information regarding all options, choices and resources. Promotes health promotion and risk reduction strategies. Maintains/Manages the Dashboard for compliance. Provides direct patient care and physician support, and serves to assure continuity of care. Manages Secure Messaging. Works closely with the other specialty clinics to facilitate the accomplishment of any Cath Lab/IR procedures through timely coordination and verification of patient. The RN is a leader in the core team, and responsible for collaborating with services, both internal and external to the VA to facilitate care.
- Provides clinical expertise and clinical leadership in the overall care mgt of complex patients throughout the continuum of care.
- Triage Consults, patient care needs as appropriate, pertinent clinical reminders
- Provides health care education to patients/family members utilizing the Nursing Process
- Implements a quality and case-management program planning, with a focus on performance measures and meeting goals.
- Provides direct patient care, nursing consultation, nursing clinical leadership and serves to assure continuity of care.
- Sharing and working with all staff, responsible for day to day nursing schedule and any changes/updates
- Helps ensure all regulatory requirements, VA P&P and accrediting agency guidelines met for Cath Lab/IR including updating staff of changes
- Tracking and expediting referrals to ancillary services that are essential for staging and treatment planning (radiology, nuclear medicine, CT, MRI, lab);
- Referrals to specialties and non-VA providers requiring fee basis authorization
- Care Mgt activities and telephone triage from patients and providers.
- The RN provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on the patient's goals.
- Coordinates Care (procedures/labs/teaching/patient visits and transitions in care)
- Partners with other high-risk outpt clinics (standardize care mngt. of high risk patients)
- Performs other duties as assigned by Mgr.