Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1929564
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Edith Nourse Rogers
Memorial Hospital (Bedford VAMC) serves over 18,000 veterans annually
throughout the state of Massachusetts, New Hampshire and surrounding states and
is affiliated with the Boston University School of Medicine. In addition to our mission of Primary Care,
Mental Health and Long Term Care, we offer specialized medical care programs
such as: Substance Abuse, Mental Health Intensive Case Management, Psychosocial
Rehabilitation and Recovery Center, Veterans Resource and Recovery Center,
Comprehensive Work Therapy Program, Palliative Care, Geriatrics and Extended
Care, and Home-Based Primary Care.
In addition to the main facility in Bedford, services are
offered at three community-based outpatient clinics located in Gloucester,
Haverhill, and Lynn, Massachusetts.
The hospital is currently authorized 461 Hospital
Beds: 304 Community Living Beds, 50 Domiciliary Beds,
65 Hospital Beds, and 42 Transitional Housing Beds.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Registered Nurse (Nurse Recruiter) at the Bedford VAMC is responsible for the overall recruitment, appointment and credentialing of nursing personnel and medical staff providers. He/she will participate and provide support in the Nurse Professional Standards Board (NPSB) process including initiation, follow-up and completion of all NPSB actions for new employees. The incumbent works collaboratively with the Nursing Leadership Team, Chief of Staff, Human Resources Management Service, and other service line/departments as necessary to ensure recruitment, appointment, credentialing and retention of nursing and provider staff. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- demonstrates leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaborative strategies with others;
- documents outcomes at the program and service level;
- leads and organizes delivery of care to assure continuity of care and peer accountability for practice to include access to care and discharge planning;
- uses advanced clinical knowledge/judgment to promote staff involvement in planning, decision making and evaluating outcomes;
- functions as an expert in clinical practice and/or areas related to assigned roles and responsibilities;
- evaluates current practice, and formulates outcomes for groups of patients and/or organizational processes within an area of expertise;
- guides, develops, and supports staff from a leadership perspective and,
- uses professional standards of care, scientific evidence, and practice to evaluate programs and/or service activities.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm (occasional rotation to weekends/evenings/nights)
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse (Nurse Recruiter)