DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees' differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Augusta Maine. This position is outside the bargaining unit.
1. Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising activities in the Area Office to implement the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
2. Conducts active liaison with local officials representing Federal, State industry and employee organizations as the primary representative of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration in the area.
3. Supervises the technical and administrative activities and provides guidance to a staff of professional and support personnel.
4. Determines seriousness of violations, types of citations, amount of proposed penalties, and abatement periods that may result from inspection.
5. Conducts first level reviews, conferences with employers and makes final judgement for modifying citations and penalties, and hears petitions for modification of abatement.
6. Encourages voluntary compliance by providing assistance, information and consultation/guidance to employers and employees.
7. Plans, execute and evaluates the technical training of compliance officers.
25% or less - Travel for meetings, conferences, outreach activities, etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All current OSHA agency employees with competitive status. Career Transition Assistance Prog eligibles in the local commuting area. Qualified Land Management Eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.