About the Agency
This position is located in the Front Office of the Bureau of Intelligence and Research. The incumbent of this position serves as the confidential secretary and personal assistant to one or more of the Front Offices principals (Assistant Secretary, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Analysis, and/or Deputy Assistant Secretary for Intelligence Coordination and Policy) of the Bureau of Intelligence and Research, and performs a combination of functions which directly assist the Front Office principals in the performance of their duties.
This position is not eligible for telework.
- Serves as the secretary and personal assistant to the INR Deputy Assistant Secretaries.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks which are accomplished based on comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the organization’s mission, functions, personnel and protocol.
- Researches, coordinates, and drafts correspondence; prepares a variety of reports and memorandums; provides responses to questions involving routine business-related matters; prepares meetings agendas, guest lists, briefing books and papers for the seventh floor principals; and serves as a liaison between the Front Office and other officials.
- Manages and schedules travel plans, both domestic and international, for the INR Deputy Assistant Secretaries and those accompanying them.
- Arranges and coordinates both routine and complex meetings often involving a large number of participants from both within and outside the Department.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel may be required.