Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho. Information about the Boise area can be found at www.boisechamber.org.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid by the Department of the Interior. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- Performs entry control duties at the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC).
- Writes visitor passes and maintains visitor log and security log.
- Conducts vehicle and foot patrol of NIFC, NIFC Aircraft Ramp and the Boise District Office.
- Responds to emergencies and renders first aid.
- Investigates and documents suspicious activity and abnormal situations.
- Writes clear and concise security incident reports to document incidents.
- Cordons crime scenes, protects evidence, and detains suspects awaiting arrival of proper authorities.
- Monitors access to restricted areas and equipment such as the aircraft ramp and parked aircraft.
- Operates and monitors Closed Circuit Television Surveillance systems.
- Operates motor vehicles in all lighting conditions. A valid state driver’s license is required.
- Uses personal computer and various software programs for normal business operations.
- Provides assistance and direction to employees and visitors as needed.
- Monitors alarms and dispatches patrol to alarms.
- Performs security checks during non-duty hours.
- This is a 24/7 operation and the applicant must be available to work the day, swing, or midnight shift.